The Long Beach Township Communications Division has 9 full-time and 4 part-time state certified Communications Officers that staff the communications Center 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. The communications staff works 2 shifts, each shift is 12 hours. During the winter months there are two Communications Officers on duty for each shift. During the summer months there are three scheduled for each shift during peak hours from 11am to 3am. The center handles approximately 70,000 incidents a year that mainly include but are not limited to;
- Quality of life complaints; noise, parking, animals, fireworks.
- Criminal complaints of domestic violence, drug offenses, fights, burglaries, warrants for wanted person(s) or property. Assisting other agencies with investigations.
- Motor vehicle complaints and enforcement; traffic accidents ,driving while intoxicated, enforcement of traffic, pedestrian and bicycle laws.
- Public assistance; water rescues, medical calls, missing person(s), fires, gas leaks, down wires, property checks.
The Communications Officers are the link between the citizens and the public safety services of Long Beach Island. Long Beach Township Communications Division dispatches police services for the following communities on Long Beach Island.
- Borough of Barnegat Light
- Borough of Beach Haven
- Borough of Harvey Cedars
- Long Beach Township
- Borough of Ship Bottom
The Long Beach Township Communications Division does not dispatch but updates and monitors several fire, rescue and medical agencies that service Long Beach Island.
- Barnegat Light EMS Barnegat Light Fire
- Beach Haven EMS Beach Haven Fire
- Ship Bottom Fire High Point Fire (Harvey Cedars)
- Surf City EMS Surf City Fire
The Communications Center handles many water rescue calls each year. They are the link between the United States Coast Guard, Marine Police and water rescue agencies that serve Long Beach Island.
- Barnegat Light Beach Patrol
- Beach Haven Beach Patrol
- Harvey Cedars Beach Patrol
- Long Beach Township Beach Patrol
- Ship Bottom Beach Patrol